It is finally the last lecture for the semester. To sum it all up, I must say the past 12 weeks have been nothing short of great learning opportunities and interesting interactions with Dr. Deng and my fellow classmates.
In particular, I especially enjoyed the lectures on Spoken Discourse and CMC. For the latter, it was truly fun to understand how and why males and females may interact in different ways. In addition, it helps to rationalise similarities and differences in the use of language across gender.
Next, the idea of breaking up into groups for discussion was a good way to get everyone in the class to mingle and interact with one another. Although I am a bit reluctant to get out of my comfort zone sometimes, it was through such activities every week that I got to know my classmates a lot better. Weekly online reflections may seem to be a hassle and an additional workload at first. However, I do appreciate how it “forces” me to reflect on the lecture taught every week and helps me to document my learning journey for the entire semester.
And how can I not mention the highlight of the module – the final project! It was definitely not easy with my chosen topic of Chinese physician and patient interaction in Singapore. The data collection was very tedious and time-consuming as I am required to conduct in-depth interviews. Overall, I have not regretted taking this module. Special thanks to Dr. Deng for his guidance and patience and to my fellow classmates, thank you for being such lovely people in the class! All the best for the exams and remember to wave or smile if you see me on campus. Add everyone on Facebook too!
=)
Summary Post
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment